Don Bosco Yuva Prachodini, Bangalore, began on 2nd February 1990, is a Salesian National Training Centre that offers courses in ongoing formation for priests and religious of India and neighbouring countries.
1. Course In Preparation for Perpetual Profession: This course is meant for young Salesians who are due to make their perpetual profession shortly.
2. Community Animators’ Course: This course is a training programme meant especially for those who are about to assume authority as superiors for the first time.
CAC Unit 1. Personal Growth Workshop: This unit comprises programmes like PRH (Personality and Human Relations), Psycho-spiritual integration, wholistic meditative therapy and Myers-Briggs – all geared to a deeper understanding of oneself.
CAC Unit 2. Community Animation Skills: This unit focuses on the service of authority, animation and government and various aspects of community, such as community building, management, administration, planning, counselling, spiritual direction and animation of religious life.
CAC Unit 3. The Salesian Superior: This unit is devoted to the study of the various aspects of animation of the Salesian community, with the ‘Manual for the Salesian Rector’ as the basic text.
3. Course in Youth Ministry: This course is meant for all youth workers in various settings: teachers of schools/colleges, parish youth ministers, diocesan youth directors, youth counsellors, youth leaders and social workers.
4. Renewal Course: This 40-day course aims at helping those in the 35-55 age bracket to bring about inner change in their lives and to deepen their understanding and experience of their personalities, consecrated life, pastoral commitment and prayer.
5. Animation of Community Life: This is meant especially for leaders of religious communities to reflect on themselves, leadership skills, community building, interpersonal relations, administration and other aspects of community animation.
6. Seminar on Salesian Spirituality: This is a seminar for the members of the Salesian Family (SDB, FMA, SMI, MSMHC, SMA, VSDB, The Disciples, Cooperators and Past Pupils) to study and reflect on the relevance of the founders, the Salesian mission in the contemporary world and a renewed look at formation.
7. Management for Priests and Religious: This course focuses entirely on management: leadership, styles of management, skills for effective administration, human relations skills, 7 Habits, TQM and various other managerial skills.
8. Renewal Course for Silver Jubilarians: This month-long course is open to all those who are celebrating the Silver Jubilee of their religious profession or priestly ordination.
Don Bosco Yuva Prachodini
S.O.S. Village P.O., Bannerghatta Road
Bangalore 560 076, India.
Ph : 080 –26584115, 26593522
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.dbyp.org