Don Bosco Mampetta was established in 1990 with a view to impart technical education with suitable trades. Beside the technical institute, we have a youth center to motivate and encourage the local youth and alcoholics de-addiction programme in the neighbourhood.
1. Formal Technical Training: We are conducting a Technical school approved by the Government of India. It has three trades namely Electrical, Electronics and Machine Fitter. The duration of the training is two years. 106 students who have completed class X are undergoing training at present.
2. Computer Training Courses: We are running DCA, PGDCA, Short-term courses and Computer Hardware courses. The duration of the courses extends from three months to one and a half years. A total of 113 students (60 girls and 53 boys) are at present undergoing training in various computer courses.
3. Higher Secondary Coaching: We are offering two streams namely Commerce with Computer and Humanities. A total of 136 students (58 girls and 78 boys) are doing their plus 2 studies.
4. Non-Formal Training : It is aimed at training youth who could not pursue their academic or formal technical study due to failure in examinations or other reasons. These are youth who are unable to find a suitable job. We offer training of six months to one year. A total of 30 youth attend this programme.5. Hostel for boys: The students in our institution are children of migrated farmers who undergo a lot of hardships because their area of habitation is still not developed with roads, electricity, transport and other facilities. So there is a hostel for the students who find it difficult to commute. There are 11 boys in our hostel.
6. Youth Centre: The youth in the locality are provided with facilities for games, sports, entertainment, recreation and other activities for their integral development. There are more than 180 youth (150 boys and 30 girls) who frequent the centre every evening.
7. De-addiction Programme: There is a motivational programme through the alcoholic anonymous group which meets every fortnight. This intervention has enabled 130 men to give up alcoholism. Presently there are 40 beneficiaries.
8. Sponsorship programme: The project also reaches out to the children of the area through promotion of education and organizing camps and growth opportunities for the children. There are 31 children(15 girls and 16 boys) benefiting from the sponsorship programme.
Kozhikode – 673 602
Phone : (0495) 229.72.87
: (0495) 229.85.77
Email : email@example.com