Mount Don Bosco, the Salesian Novitiate of the province of Bangalore, was started in May 1997 at Padivayal in Waynad District of Kerala. This was due to the relocation of the Novitiate of the province from Kotagiri. The people around are mostly farmers, descendants of immigrants from the other districts of Kerala belonging to the Hindu, Muslim and Christian religions.
- Spiritual formation: daily celebration of the Eucharist, the Liturgy of the Hours, meditation, spiritual reading, conferences, goodnight talks, monthly recollection, retreats and bi-weekly personal talk with the Novice Master.
- Religious formation: learning of the meaning of the vows in their theological, apostolic and fraternal dimensions through conferences, classes and spiritual guidance.
- Human formation: Series of conferences on human maturity, identity, self-knowledge, emotional stability, community living etc. and manual work, games, hobbies, and group activities in sodalities.
- Salesian formation: Study of the Constitutions, conferences, personal and community readings on Don Bosco and Salesian life, Salesiana classes, academies, serenades etc.
- Pastoral ministry and Sunday Catechism in the neighbouring parishes.
- Animation of youth groups in the neighbouring parishes and institutes.
- Youth Centre and the unit of Salesian Co-operators.
- Tailoring training centre benefiting 18 girls.
- Promotion of education of the children of the neighbourhood through sponsorship of 15 boys and 14 girls.
Mount Don Bosco
Wayanad – 673 581
Phone : (04936) 21.72.28
: (04936) 21.76.90
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org